Our practice has the capability to offer secure and HIPAA-compliant video therapy sessions to clients when needed through a platform called TSecureVideo both via computer or smartphone. See below for instructions on accessing video sessions on your computer or smartphone:
- Here is a link to download zoom: https://zoom.us/download You may find this in an APP store on a smart phone or Mac. You will need to create a zoom account to go into the video. You can check your settings to make sure the camera and sound work on your device. There will be step by step instructions that appear in the lower left hand side of the screen when you are in zoom.
TSecure Video via COMPUTER
- Your computer must have a camera on or in it. Most laptops come equipped with built in cameras.
- You must enable your camera and microphone on your computer via Settings.
- Video sessions require the use of Chrome as the browser. Please download and utilize Chrome if you don’t already have it. Please make sure you turn off pop-up blockers on Chrome. You can find directions on how to do this by accessing this link: https://wmich.edu/helpdesk/internetdisablepopups
- You will receive an email with your online session reminder with information about the video session.
- At the time of your session, open the reminder email and click on the LOGIN button to start your session.
- Please ensure that you have privacy in your home or office to protect your confidentiality. You can download white noise apps on electronic devices that are not in use for our session or wear headphones if desired to increase desired privacy.
- Please note that video sessions may not work on some workplace computers.
- You can test whether this is working properly by clicking the LOGIN button in your email any time before the start of your session. You should see yourself only on the screen.
TSecure Video via SMARTPHONE- only for clients that will not have access to the link sent through the e-mail. Zoom will need to be downloaded in addition to myTherapist.
- Download the free app: myTherapist (by Therasoft) from iTunes or Google Play. The correct myTherapist is represented by a blue and black Psi (Greek letter) with a white background.
- You will be sent a 4 digit pin to login. You can also click Request Pin from the app.
- Register with your last name, date of birth, and 4 digit pin.
- If a video session is scheduled for you, it will appear when you login.
- Accept this video session for the agreed upon date and time.
- At the time of your session, click the camera icon in the lower left screen to begin the session.
- Please ensure that you have privacy in your home or office to protect your confidentiality.
- You can test whether this is working properly by clicking the camera icon any time before the start of your session. You should see yourself only on the screen.